Transformations in Matter and Energy Carbon TIME is an NSF-funded partnership led by Michigan State University
Activity 6.2: Functions of All Plants (50 min)
Target Student Performance
Students develop integrated accounts of how all plants grow, move and function through the processes of photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and biosynthesis.
Resources You Provide
- computers (1 per pair of students, for option 2 in step 2)
- blank posters (1 per pair of students or small group, for option 3 in step 2
- 6.2 Functions of All Plants PPT
- 6.2 Functions of All Plants Worksheet (1 per student for option 1 in step 3)
- 6.2 Grading Functions of All Plants Worksheet
- Three Questions 11x17 Poster (1 per class)
- Three Questions Handout (Color Version) (1 per student)
- Three Questions Handout (BW Version) (1 per student)
Decide how students will construct their explanations (see options in step 3 of the directions). If students will use the worksheet, prepare one copy of 6.2 Functions of All Plants Worksheet for each student. If students will create a PowerPoint, check that computers or tablets are working and ready. If students will make a poster, get one poster for each pair of students or small group. Decide how you will have students present their explanations (see step 4 of the directions). Prepare a computer and a projector to display the PPT.