Target Student Performance
Students develop integrated accounts of how all plants grow, move and function through the processes of photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and biosynthesis.
Resources You Provide
- computers (1 per pair of students, for option 2 in step 2)
- blank posters (1 per pair of students or small group, for option 3 in step 2
- 6.2 Functions of All Plants PPT
- 6.2 Functions of All Plants Worksheet (1 per student for option 1 in step 3)
- 6.2 Grading Functions of All Plants Worksheet
- Three Questions 11x17 Poster (1 per class)
- Three Questions Handout (Color Version) (1 per student)
- Three Questions Handout (BW Version) (1 per student)
Decide how students will construct their explanations (see options in step 3 of the directions). If students will use the worksheet, prepare one copy of 6.2 Functions of All Plants Worksheet for each student. If students will create a PowerPoint, check that computers or tablets are working and ready. If students will make a poster, get one poster for each pair of students or small group. Decide how you will have students present their explanations (see step 4 of the directions). Prepare a computer and a projector to display the PPT.