Transformations in Matter and Energy Carbon TIME is an NSF-funded partnership led by Michigan State University
Activity 2.4 - Questions About Animals (30 min)
Target Student Performance
Students describe structures and functions that all animals share and pose questions about mealworms to prepare for their upcoming investigation.
Resources You Provide
- (From previous lesson) 1.2 Expressing Ideas and Questions Tool for Animals Growing
- Time-lapse video of mealworms eating a carrot
- Learning Tracking Tool for Animals
- Assessing the Learning Tracking Tool for Animals
- Questions, Connections, Questions Student Reading Strategy
Print one copy of 2.4 Mealworms Factsheet Reading for each student or pair of students. Have students' completed 1.2 Expressing Ideas Tool for Animals Growing available for reference. Prepare a computer and projector to show the 2.4 Questions about Animals PPT.