Transformations in Matter and Energy Carbon TIME is an NSF-funded partnership led by Michigan State University
Activity 6.2 - Comparing Animals and Flames (50 min)
Target Student Performance
Students compare how matter moves and changes and how energy changes in ethanol burning vs. a child growing, moving and functioning (connecting macroscopic observations with atomic-molecular models and using the principles of conservation of matter and energy).
- 6.2 Comparing Animals and Flames PPT
- 6.2 Comparing Animals and Flames Worksheet (1 per student )
- 6.2 Grading the Comparing Animals and Flames Worksheet
- (Optional) Big Idea Probe: What Happens to the Fat? (1 per student)
- (Optional) Assessing the Big Idea Probe: What Happens to the Fat?