Target Student Performance
Students identify carbon pools in Earth systems and investigate the fluxes associated with human use of one pool: fossil fuels.
- 4.2 Carbon Pools and Fossil Fuels PPT
- 4.2 Carbon Pools and Fossil Fuels Reading (1 per student)
- Time-lapse history of CO2 Emissions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAhZ1fA1AJs
- Learning Tracking Tool for Human Energy Systems (1 per student)
- Assessing the Learning Tracking Tool for Human Energy Systems
- Four Questions Poster and/or Handout
- Questions, Connections, Questions Student Reading Strategy
Print enough copies of the 4.2 Carbon Pools and Fossil Fuels Reading and Four Questions Handout so that each student has one copy of each. Prepare a computer and projector for the 4.2 Carbon Pools and Fossil Fuels PPT. You may want to print and post the Four Questions Large Poster for the rest of the unit.