Target Student Performance
Students “zoom in” to animals, plants, and decomposers, describing how all of these organisms are made of cells with special structures and functions.
- 2.1 Zooming Into Plants, Animals, and Decomposers PPT
- 2.1 Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet (1 per student)
- 2.1 Assessing the Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet
- (Optional) 2.1 Cells: The Building Blocks of Organisms Reading (1 per student)
- Three Questions 11x17 Poster (1 per class)
- Driving Questions Board
- Questions, Connections, Questions Student Reading Strategy
Print one copy of 2.1 Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet for each student. If you do not have the Three Questions 11x17 Poster on the wall from the Systems and Scale unit, print it and put it up. If you decide to have students explore the Powers of 10 sliders (Slide 10 of the PPT), make sure that they have access to laptops or other computers.