Target Student Performance
Students use food labels to describe molecules in animal, plant, and decomposer cells: large organic molecules (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats), as well as water, vitamins, and minerals.
- 2.2 Food Labels Worksheet (1 per student)
- 2.2 Grading the Food Labels Worksheet
- 2.2 Molecules Cells Are Made of PPT
- 2.2 Reading Nutrition Labels Handout (1 per pair of students)
- 2.2 Food Label Cards (1 per pair of students)
- (Optional for more demanding classes) Posters about large organic molecules:
- Digestion and Biosynthesis of Carbohydrates (1 per class)
- Digestion and Biosynthesis of Fat (1 per class)
- Digestion and Biosynthesis of Protein (1 per class)
- Molecule Diagram 11 x 17 Poster (1 per class)
- Metabolic Pathways 11 x 17 Poster (1 per class)
Print one copy of 2.2 Food Labels Worksheet for each student. Print the reusable handouts one copy of 2.2 Reading Nutrition Labels Handout and one copy of 2.2 Food Label Cards per pair of students. Print one copy each of the molecule posters and post them on your classroom wall.