Target Student Performance
Students “zoom in” to animals, plants, and decomposers, describing how all of these organisms are made of cells with special structures and functions.
- 2.1 Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet (1 per student)
- 2.1 Assessing the Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet
- 2.1 Zooming Into Plants, Animals, and Decomposers PPT
- (Optional) 2.1 Cells: The Building Blocks of Organisms Reading (1 per student)
- Three Questions 11x17 Poster (1 per class)
- Questions, Connections, Questions Student Reading Strategy
- Driving Questions Board
Print one copy of 2.1 Comparing Plants, Animals, and Decomposers Worksheet and 2.1 Cells: The Building Blocks of Organisms Reading (optional) for each student. If you do not have the Three Questions 11x17 Poster on the wall from the Systems and Scale unit, print it and put it up. If you decide to have students explore the Powers of 10 sliders (Slide 10 of the PPT), make sure that they have access to laptops or other computers.