Target Student Performance
Students ask and record specific questions about changes in matter and energy in response to the unit driving question: How many foxes can live in a meadow?
Resources You Provide
- sticky notes (1 for each student)
- Expressing Ideas and Questions for Patterns in Ecosystems PPT
- 1.2 Expressing Ideas and Questions Tool for Ecosystems (1 per student)
- 1.2 Assessing Expressing Ideas and Questions Tool for Ecosystems
- 1.2 Ecosystems Storyline Reading: Learning from the Work of Bonnie McGill (1 per student)
- Questions, Connections, Questions Student Reading Strategy
- (Optional) Big Idea Probe: Wolves and Deer (1 per student)
- (Optional) Assessing Big Idea Probe: Wolves and Deer
Print one copy of the 1.2 Expressing Ideas and Questions Tool for Ecosystems, Big Idea Probe: Wolves and Deer (optional), and a href="/sites/default/files/ecosystems/handouts/1.2_Ecosystems_Storyline_Reading.pdf" target="_blank">1.2 Ecosystems Storyline Reading for each student.