Target Student Performance
Students develop integrated accounts of how all aerobic decomposers grow and function through the processes of digestion, cellular respiration, and biosynthesis.
Resources You Provide
- computers (1 per pair of students, for option 2 in step 3)
- blank posters (1 per pair of students or small group, for option 3 in step 3)
- 6.4 Functions of All Decomposers PPT
- 6.4 Explaining Functions that All Decomposers Share Worksheet (1 per student for option 1 in step 3)
- 6.4 Grading the Explaining Functions that All Decomposers Share Worksheet
- Three Questions 11x17 Poster
- Three Questions Handout (Color Version)
- Three Questions Handout (BW Version)
- (Optional) Big Idea Probe: Leaf Pack Experiment (1 per student)
- (Optional) Assessing the Big Idea Probe: Leaf Pack Experiment
- Learning Tracking Tool for Decomposers
- Assessing the Learning Tracking Tool for Decomposers
Decide how students will construct their explanations (see options in step 2 of the directions). If students will use the worksheet, prepare one copy of 6.4 Explaining Functions that All Decomposers Share Worksheet for each student. If students will create a PowerPoint, check that computers or tablets are working and ready. If students will make a poster, get one blank poster for each pair or small group of students. Decide how you will have students present their explanations (see step 3 of the directions). Prepare a computer and a projector to display the PPT.