Target Student Performance
Students develop integrated accounts of how all animals grow, move and function through the processes of digestion, cellular respiration, and biosynthesis.
- 6.3 Functions of All Animals PPT
- 6.3 Functions of All Animals Worksheet (1 per student )
- 6.3 Grading the Functions of All Animals Worksheet
- Learning Tracking Tool for Animals
- Assessing the Learning Tracking Tool for Animals
- (Optional) Big Idea Probe: What Happens to the Fat? (1 per student)
- (Optional) Assessing Big Idea Probe: What Happens to the Fat?
Decide how students will construct their explanations (see options in step 3 of the directions). If students will use the worksheet, prepare one copy of 6.3 Functions of All Animals Worksheet for each student. If students will create a PowerPoint, check that computers or tablets are working and ready. If students will make a poster, get one poster for each pair of students or small group. Decide how you will have students present their explanations (see step 4 of the directions). Prepare a computer and a projector to display the 6.3 Functions of All Animals PPT.