Students investigate changes in mass and CO2 concentration for burning ethanol. Then they explain results using molecular models and chemical equations to answer the Three Questions.
What happens to ethanol when it burns?
Activities in this Lesson
- Activity 4.1: Predictions about Ethanol Burning (30 min)
- Activity 4.2: Observing Ethanol Burning (30 min)
- Activity 4.3: Evidence-Based Arguments about Ethanol Burning (50 min)
- Activity 4.4: Molecular Models for Ethanol Burning (50 min)
- Activity 4.5: Explaining Ethanol Burning (40 min)